Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The opening


On December, 19th we opened the doors of our new store to the public. It was a slow day (due to no advertising) but an exciting one for me. I chose not to advertise a Grand Opening due to the uncertainties of the first day. Things like forgetting to order bags for checkout. The store is small and the shelves are not as loaded as I would like to see but these things will improve as we learn more and grow the business. We want the store to be a place that people feel comfortable and want to hang around, drink some coffee and work on models. As I began to set up the store I realized I had greatly under estimated the amount of time it would take to set up all the shelves, decide where to place all the product and price it. So while I had planned to have it all ready to go for the first day, I did not and was still setting up when the doors opened and 10 a.m. It made little difference to anyone that showed up and I even put one to work (Thanks, Ian) helping me set up shelves. All in all the first day was a success in my eyes and gaves me great excitement about the future.

2 comments:

Sassyfrazz said...

I am so excited for you, and I am so grateful for such a dedicated and hard working hubby! Congratulations on the store babe!

Ian Holmes said...

That's starting to look like a hobby shop now...